Sunday, September 28, 2014

So how am I getting to work today?

This is what I saw when I left my driveway to go to work. The road has only one exit street with only this direction to go. There is a pond/swamp to the right of the cows.



DON'T LOOK AT THE NEXT PHOTO IF YOU ARE A BIT SQUEAMISH!
Here is your typical Cambodian hot dog stand. Zoom in and look to the right of the BBQ. You will see what I mean. (Also seen on the way to work.)


Eating dog meat seems to be a new phenomenon here. The dog restaurants pay $40 for a dog, then sell it for $20-40 a kilo. They say it is so expensive because it takes 17 hours to prepare. The dogs of expats are especially well liked as they have been fed a good diet. When an expat loses a dog here, they quickly go to all the known dog restaurants here and see if they can buy their dog back before it gets eaten. Hopefully this practice ends very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment